Sunday 6 May 2012

Bike-nav...

Interesting lesson tonight. Planned a route on mapmyride.com and after three miles or so was meant to turn left. It was a farmer's track...so I went straight on and took the next left (satnav said I could), leading to...a bridle way. I gave up a mile down the bridle way and turned back. So my 20 miles in 80 minutes should probably have been 18 miles in a shorter time. It felt great to get out on the bike and I have to say now, an hour or so after getting back, I feel fine. Will be interesting to see how I feel in the morning.


The reason why it's the first time I've been out for a while is that I injured my foot somehow recently, no idea how, but I woke up one morning and couldn't put any pressure on it. This lasted for 3 days...the doc thought I had strained my tendons, and I needed to rest with ice on it for three days. I did, and, slowly but surely it got better. It's the second time it's happened - the last time was around 6 months ago, can't work out what caused it in either case.


Not long to go now - 20 days in fact - the donations have reached around £3,000 and I am determined now to push on and reach the next mark of £4,000. If you can spare anything, even a fiver, please sponsor me...it keeps me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment