Tuesday 22 May 2012

Some stats

I thought it would be interesting to bring together some stats about my ride. These are all based on mapping software and it will be interesting at the end of the ride to assess the accuracy.

I intend to cover 874 miles over 15 days which is just over 58 miles a day. The longest leg is 81 miles. [If I take out the last, shorter (25 miles) leg the average is 61 miles per day]

In that time I will climb around 25,386 feet which is the same height as the. 32nd highest peak in the world. I will average around 1,692 feet of climb per day. [Without the last day the average is 1,769].

I have been trying to work out if this is beyond me or not? When I cycled London to Paris (which I found pretty tough) I did 254 miles (plus a bit more when I forgot to operate my satnav!) with 7434 feet of climb in 4 days. The averages there were slightly higher at 63 miles and 1859 feet.

This time around I have done more training, I have a (much) better bike, and I feel 'fitter'...but...I'm 3 years older and half a stone heavier. And it's 14, not 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment