Monday 28 May 2012

Day 3 - Inverness to Fort William

This morning we bade farewell to Matt who was off home, what a day he was to miss. The first 35 miles or so, along the banks of Loch Ness were beautiful enough but after a haggis lunch in Fort Augustus the scenery changed immeasurably for the better, it was just stunning. Water everywhere with the sun glinting off it, just beautiful. Thanks to my lunchtime snack of 3 x Ibuprofen I soon felt my knee ease significantly and although a couple of the ascents were tough and long I really enjoyed it. I had enough time to get my photo taken at the Commando memorial at Spean Bridge before the long descent into Fort William. My knee seemed to be quite a bit easier this afternoon and I am hoping it's now on the mend.


Tomorrow is the toughest day so far, if not of the whole trip. I have four big climbs, one of over 3 miles with a 1,000 foot ascent. Joy. It's 'only' 56 miles though so I am hoping to blast through it as best as I can. It looks like the incredibly hot weather is about to end and the forecast for tomorrow is overcast, as long as I don't get rain I'll be happy.


The stats from today - 66 miles, 3k feet of climb, 5 1/4 hours in the saddle. Ouch.




Tomorrow's Hill Profile.




Lunch





Memorial At Spean Bridge




Action Shots (!!!)









































Video of me nearly hitting the kerb on the descent into Fort William!!



No comments:

Post a Comment